APE Suspension can increase GVM and GCM, being Lovells Springs dealers we are authorised to supply & install ‘Lovells Certified GVM upgrades’. The DoT will only accept GVM upgrades from their authorised and licensed dealers provided they are qualified and licenced to install.
Please Note* From January 2019 WA Department of Transport are no longer willing to recognise Second Stage Manufactured GVM upgrades for pre-registered vehicles which previously did increase GCM. We are waiting to hear why they are not recognising this for pre-owned vehicles as currently they have decided not to process applications. If you require an increased GCM then currently WA Department of Transport will recognise LOVELL’s GVM / GCM upgrades for brand new unlicensed vehicles. Talk to us and your main dealer first, before registering any new vehicle.
The useable payload(s) of many 4X4 vehicles today is minimal and designed for comfort with no load so as to sell a vehicle from the dealers showrooms. Additional basic optional equipment and two or three adult male occupants will bring the vehicle close to its legal maximum weight (GVM) in many cases. Add long range fuel tanks, bull bars, winches, side steps, roof racks, recovery gear and a payload of camping equipment or an industrial type custom body and the vehicle will ultimately exceed the Original Equipment allowable Gross Vehicle Mass.
Original Equipment suspension is designed for comfort above all other considerations, thus load carrying and performance can be compromised. Whereas, Lovells design suspension systems with matched components for the ultimate in performance, load carrying, and handling.
Lovells GVM Upgrade suspension kits are fully track tested in conjunction with a Certified Automotive Engineering Signatory over many days to achieve maximum stability, braking performance, ADR (Australian Design Rules) conformity and operator comfort, before test data and documentation are forwarded to the DEPARTMENT of INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT, REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT and LOCAL GOVERNMENT for full analysis.
The National Codes and laws that must be met are extremely stringent and it can take up to 6 months for all data to be analysed in full by the Road Safety Engineers in Canberra. Once the Department is satisfied with all dynamic testing and theoretical data, it is only then that Lovells are issued with certification of Secondary Manufacture for GVM Upgrades.
Lovells GVM Upgrade Kits provide a solution for owners/managers of Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Hilux and Nissan Patrol vehicles who have a need to carry loads which exceed the Original Equipment GVM specifications while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessors and Fleet Managers.
Lovells hold Compliance Plate Approval’s, as a secondary manufacturer, for GVM Upgrades which will suit the following vehicles:
- CPA 25742: Toyota Landcruiser LC70 (78/79 series) Cab Chassis/Troop Carrier to 3900kg. (Original GVM is 3300kg)- GCM=7400kg.
- CPA 25742: Toyota Landcruiser LC79 Cab Chassis Single Cab 5 Star ANCAP to 4200kg. (Original GVM is 3400kg)- GCM=7700kg.
- CPA 25742-8: Toyota Landcruiser LC76 Series 4 door Wagon to 3660kg. (Original GVM is 3000kg)- GCM=7160kg.
- CPA 40257: Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon to 3800kg (Original GVM is 3300kg)- GCM=7300kg.
- CPA 40257: Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon to 3800kg (Original GVM is 3300kg) with 4000kg Towing Upgrade- GCM=7800kg.
- CPA 46728: Ford Ranger 4×4 to 3500kg. (Original GVM is 3200kg).- GCM=7000kg.
- CPA 47037: Mazda BT50 4×4 to 3500kg. (Original GVM is 3200kg). – GCM=7000kg.
- CPA 47909: Toyota Hilux GUN126 Series 4×4 2015 on to 3500kg (Original GVM of 3000kg)- GCM=7000kg.
- CPA 48580: Isuzu D Max 4×4 06/12 on to 3600kg (Original GVM of 2950kg)- GCM=7000kg
- CPA 48305 Toyota Prado 150 Series 10/09 on to 3500kg (Original GVM of 3000kg)- GCM=6000kg
- CPA 48305-1209050 Toyota Prado 150 Series10/09 on to 3500kg (Original GVM is 3000kg) with 3100kg Towing Upgrade- GCM=6550kg
- ALL THE ABOVE MAY INCREASE GCM for Federal Upgrades or Pre-Registration Only.
WHY DO VEHICLES REQUIRE G.V.M (Gross Vehicle Mass) SUSPENSION UPGRADES?
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence.
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is loaded beyond approved GVM.
- Possibility of litigation under common law if the vehicle is operated beyond its legal Load Limits.
- Requirements to load vehicle and operate safely with weight beyond current Original Equipment limits for heavy and/or remote work.
Contact APE Suspension for further information 08 9302 6648